Ticketing Platform connects transport infra to apps and payment systems
Plusdial’s Ticketing Platform integrates various players (MaaS and other applications, various payment systems) in one centralized system, which issues the tickets under Public Transport Authority’s or Company’s (PTA’s or PTC’s) control. It is our aim to be a neutral and independent party between public transport organizations and other parties – i.e. not a MaaS provider, payment service or mobile application vendor ourselves:
- The quick and versatile application providers may use their creativity to entice customers to public transport – with no app development costs for PTA! ..
- ..while PTA gets centralized and trustworthy sales data for clearing and reports of ticket usage (audited according to ISAE 3402)
- … PTA has one central point to connect ticket inspection and validation functions too,
… PTA is provided with one End User helpdesk and service management tool for handling customer feedback and controlling ticket selection…
- …instead of having to adapt or integrate separately to 3rd parties’ systems, and even utilize SMS ticketing, fully provided by the platform.
As an example of a typical set-up, public transport authority may use the platform to interconnect several parties’ services to create a complete digital ticketing system:
- The PTA may either develop a ticketing application of its own or offer platform’s Open API to 3rd parties (Application Providers, on the right-hand side in the picture) with existing applications, willing to add transport tickets to their current service offering.
- Application Providers may either
- Offer their customers payment methods like monthly subscriptions or dedicated mobile wallets, or
- Handle payments via general payment services (typically, credit/debit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, Alipay…), or
- Transmit just ticket orders and deliveries, and have Plusdial to mediate end customer charging to
- Above mentioned 3rd party payment systems, or,
- Telecom operators’ billing systems (so called “IP billing” requiring use of operator’s data network, or Premium SMS billing)
- Plusdial connects to required PTA back-office systems (on the left in the picture) for
- Sales reporting
- Fetching or reporting ticket specific data
- Inserting ticket data to ticket inspection back-office systems (Plusdial provides also its own tools for inspection)
- Inserting ticket data to possible gate systems (typically, at metro network) with option to create tickets with machine readable QR (or other graphical) codes
- Provides uniform user interface (regardless of number of Application providers) to help desk and service management
Initially, Plusdial’s platform has been developed for public transport companies and authorities. However, in many markets the same organizations manage also city parking and functions like congestion charging; thus, the platform also includes customer driven add-on functionality for implementing parking and congestion payments.